Monday, January 31, 2011

More than meets the eye



I actually saw the second TRANSFORMERS movie before this one.  I was never really a Transformers fan, only because they became more popular after I had gotten too old for the toys.  I only saw the 2nd film because I needed to get my son out of the house, and figured it would beat the time we suffered through PONYO.  Anyway, I did enjoy the 2nd one, and decided to catch the first one to fill in the gaps.

I found the Autobots and Decepticons in this one to be much easier on the eyes.  They were actually recognizable as robot-type figures, as in the 2nd film, they just looked like big blobs of spiky metal to me.

While the plot is kind of hokey, this was a fun film overall.  Action sequences were nicely done, and the CGI is pretty sweet.

Rating: 7/5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment