Thursday, December 30, 2010

Because Nazi zombies are scarier than regular zombies...


When Peter Cushing is involved, I am in.  Plain and simple.

With that said, this was not as Cushing-filled as I would hope, and we do get some John Carradine screen time as well, so that is a win.

Strangely enough, I had never seen this movie, even though I knew of its existence for many years.  I even remember seeing this on the shelves of a video store I worked in 20+ (yikes!) years ago.  Maybe it was the concept of Nazi zombies that put me off.  I guess I like my zombies to be free of political affiliation.

SHOCK WAVES was, for me, an average foray into zombie territory, and also average from a general watchability perspective as well.  Not enough Cushing, as I said, and really not enough zombie action for my tastes.  The zombie scenes were pretty decent, and the backstory on their origin was unique, so that was a plus.  I can understand the cult following that this film has amassed, but I am in a different cult.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment