Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Let him eat cake...


This was a re-watch for me, but it had been (probably) 15+ years since I had seen this film: CREEPSHOW.

Unfortunately, it did not hold up well for me.  The scenes seemed to drag on a bit long for my liking, although Father's Day and The Crate remain favorite iconic movie moments for me.

One thing that kind of bothers me, and this is probably just a personal OCD-kinda thing: We never really seems to find out how or why the folks in Father's Day and Something to Tide You Over come back.  Obviously, revenge is a central theme in this compilation, so I guess that is the why.  But how?  I think I am over-analyzing this thing, and I should just enjoy it for what it is.  Watchable, but dated, enjoyable camp.

Rating:  5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment