Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's Exactly What You Think It Is


I finally got around to this one in the Netflix queue, and I am so glad I did.  PIECES was one of our favorite films to watch and rewatch as a rental on VHS from the local video store when I was in High School.  While it didn't retain the charm it had for me in the 80s, it was a great trip down memory lane.

I am not sure why Christopher and Linda Day George signed on to this ridiculously gory and cheesy film, but they certainly did carry it through with decent performances.  It had been so long since I had seen this that I actually had forgotten who the killer was, so I was a bit surprised by the ending.  I wish we knew a bit more about the killer and how he evolved from the horny kid who went all Lizzy Borden on his mommy to ... the guy he ended up being. I won't spoil it in case anyone wants to watch it.

All in all, good classic splatter fun.

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment