Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Nine, ten, never watch again...


Well, there goes 90 minutes I will never get back.

I was really quite hopeful about this one, based on some early previews and the inclusion of Jackie Earl Haley.  I never rushed out to see it, and it finally worked its way to the top of my Netflix queue.

The dream sequences, particularly the transitions between sleep and wake states, are quite nicely done.  Effects are top notch, and the CGI is flawless.

That is all I can say in a positive respect.  The characters are wooden, and the only good performances are brought in by people that die early.  I didn't really care about any of the kids, and the Nancy was a lame emo caricature if ever there was one.  Also, there were no scares in this film, and it was formulaic and predictable.

They should have left well enough alone.

Rating: 2/10

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, more reasons why I'm in no rush to view this (or why I didn't bother last year). Suppose I could've gone just to place it on my bottom 5 list. Nah.

    ReplyDelete